Landen Park Studio is a recording studio specifically built for audiobook production, voiceover, vocal and instrumental overdubs and other single-artist work. We try to be flexible about how we charge for work – here are our usual fees:
Note – prices are changing from January 1st, 2024
Pricing for self-publishing authors (up to end 2023):
- Up to 50,000 words – £710.00
- Up to 80,000 words – £990.00
- longer lengths £110.00 for each additional 10,000 words
(Minimum charge £710.00. Minimum £200 deposit must be paid in advance)
Revised pricing from January 1st, 2024:
- Up to 50,000 words – £780.00
- Up to 80,000 words – £1,090.00
- longer lengths £120.00 for each additional 10,000 words
(Minimum charge £780.00. Minimum £250 deposit must be paid in advance)
These prices include recording, direction, editing and mastering with delivery in both .WAV and .MP3 formats compliant with ACX technical specifications – everything you need to be published. Presently, we are offering similar pricing for self-publishing authors using a narrator, with the author being responsible for the narrator’s fees. We recommend narrators from a pool of professionals we work with.
If you’re an aspiring narrator or voiceover artist, you’ll need a showreel. This is a set of audio samples of your voice, covering a range of material, that you can upload to websites such as acx and Ahab Talent when you create your profile.
Our package comprises:
- studio time (usually 2 hours or so)
- recording of three short scripts covering different types of material
- working with an experienced producer/director
- each script professionally edited and mastered
- we’ll even take a picture of you at the mic, if you want
Introductory price: – £100.00
Price from January 1st, 2024: – £180.00
(Full payment must be made in advance to secure booking)
Voiceover, pricing (up to end 2023):
- Initial charge £175.00 (covers up to 2 hours), external producer
- Initial charge £275.00 (covers up to 2 hours), in-house producer
- Thereafter £100 per hour or part, external producer
- Thereafter £180 per hour or part, in-house producer
Voiceover, pricing from January 1st, 2024:
- Initial charge £195.00 (covers up to 2 hours), external producer
- Initial charge £295.00 (covers up to 2 hours), in-house producer
- Thereafter £120 per hour or part, external producer
- Thereafter £190 per hour or part, in-house producer
Voiceover prices include working to timecoded video, and remote producer access via Zoom. An additional charge for preparing and marking up video sessions to supplied scripts may be made.
Audiobook recording/production for publishers is quoted on an individual basis.
If you have a project in mind which doesn’t fit into the areas shown above, feel free to discuss it with us. We often quote a fixed, single price for a project so you know at the outset what your work is going to cost.
If you’ve got a project that falls outside these criteria, or you’d like some further clarification – just get in touch!
(rates & pricing for audiobook production)